Faculty Senate Meeting
- Call to Order.
- *Approval of the minutes of August 3, 2020 and August 17, 2020. (Approval of the minutes will be done via Qualtrics Survey at the conclusion of the Faculty Senate meeting)
- Open Session: Statements at the podium not to exceed two minutes, maximum number of speakers is four. No votes will be taken. 8 minutes.
- President’s, Provost’s, Faculty Officers', GFFAC, ASUA, GPSC, APAC, CSC, RPC, APPC, SAPC Reports. Questions should be submitted via Zoom chat and answered via chat.
- Information Item: Results of the COVID-19 Faculty Survey– Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, Andrea Romero, and Associate Vice Provost for Instruction and Assessment, Lisa Elfring. 10 minutes.
- Information Item: General Education Refresh Initiative - Executive Director for General Education, Susan Miller-Cochran, and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, John Pollard. 30 minutes plus 5 minutes Q & A.
- Discussion Item: Revised Shared Governance Memorandum of Understanding – Secretary of the Faculty, Michael Brewer. 10 minutes.
- Information Item: Proposed Constitution and Bylaws Revisions and Committee Update – Secretary of the Faculty, Michael Brewer. 10 minutes.
Link to proposed changes and rationales summary: https://arizona.box.com/s/3nq01spyn5tvjmcpebfdofh3rzwv0g6x.
Links to proposed changes and rationales in context:
- *Action Item: Consent Agenda: BAS in Early Childhood Education, BA in Human Rights Practice, BA in Fashion Industry Science and Technology, BS in Applied Biotechnology - Chair of the Undergraduate Council, Neel Ghosh. (Approval of the proposals will take place via Qualtrics Survey at the conclusion of the Faculty Senate meeting)
- *Action Item: Elect two Faculty Senate members to the Shared Governance Review Committee. (Election will take place via Qualtrics survey at the conclusion of the Faculty Senate meeting)
- New Business
LISTEN TO THE FACULTY SENATE MEETING
3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 14, 2020