Monday, May 6, 2019 - 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Old Main Silver and Sage Room
- Call to order
- Action Item: Senate Elections for University Committee on Ethics and Commitment, Committee on Conciliation, University Hearing Board, Shared Governance Review Committee, Grievance Clearinghouse Committee, Senate Executive Committee. Candidate statements of nominees. 5 minutes.
- Approval of the minutes of April 1, 2019. 2 minutes.
- Open Session: Statements at the podium on any topic, limited to two minutes. Maximum number of speakers is four. No discussion is permitted, and no votes will be taken. 8 minutes or less.
- Q & A for ASUA, GPSC, APAC, CSC, RPC, APPC, SAPC Reports. 5 minutes.
- Faculty Officers’ Report with Q & A – Chair of the Faculty, Jessica Summers. 10 Minutes.
- Provost’s Report with Q & A – Interim Provost Jeffrey Goldberg. 10 minutes.
- President’s Report with Q & A – President Robert C. Robbins. 10 Minutes.
- Information Item: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Chair of the Faculty, Jessica Summers. 10 minutes.
- Information Item: Revised Guidelines for Mergers and Reorganizations of Academic Units at the University of Arizona - Vice Chair of the Faculty, Michael Brewer. 5 minutes.
- Information Item: Revisions to UHAP Chapter 7 Professional Conduct – Vice Chair of the Faculty, Michael Brewer. 10 minutes.
- Information Item: Best Practices in Selecting Instructional Materials for Courses – Chair of the Student Affairs Policy Committee, Diane Ohala. 10 minutes.
- Information Item: Faculty Qualifications for Instruction - Senior Vice Provost, Gail Burd. 10 minutes.
- Action Items: Approval of new Academic Units – Department of Urology and Department of Neurosurgery – Interim Senior Vice Provost and Vice President for Academic Initiatives and Student Success, Vincent Del Casino. 15 minutes.
- Action Item: MS and PhD in Biosystems Analytics and Technology - Chair of the Graduate Council, Ron Hammer. 5 minutes.
- Action Items: Consent and Non-consent agenda: Academic Eligibility Policy Proposal, UA Internship Policy, Proposal to Eliminate the Registration Deadline Policy, BS and Minor in Biosystems Analytics and Technology, Undergraduate Minor in Hip Hop Cultures, BAS in Organizational Leadership and Commerce, Undergraduate Minor in Arts Administration – Chair of the Undergraduate Council, Neel Ghosh. 10 minutes.
- Election Results – Secretary of the Faculty, Amy Fountain. 8 minutes.
- Other business. 2 minutes
Listen to the Faculty Senate Meeting via Zoom