The Undergraduate Council is a university-wide committee that participates in the shared governance process at the University of Arizona. The Undergraduate Council reviews all undergraduate curricular action items forwarded from its two subcommittees, the Academic Programs Subcommittee and the Curriculum & Policies Subcommittee.
Action items may be received from academic units, colleges, auxiliary units, the Office of Academic Affairs, the University-wide General Education Committee, any General Faculty Standing Committee or Senate Standing Committee or ad hoc committee. Action items requiring Faculty Senate approval are forwarded by the Undergraduate Council to the College Academic Administrators Council and Team Provost for review prior to being sent to the Faculty Senate for final approval.
The Undergraduate Council and its officers shall be composed according to the Constitution and Bylaws including:
- A chair and one faculty member of the General Faculty from each college that offers undergraduate degrees;
- One member from the Library;
- One member from the Honors College;
- Chair of the University-wide General Education Committee;
- Chair of the University General Petitions Committee;
- One or two student representatives from the Associated Students of the University of Arizona (ASUA) appointed to Undergraduate Council by the president of ASUA;
- The Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, the Director of Curricular Affairs, and the Registrar are ex officio non-voting members.