THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
OLD MAIN SILVER AND SAGE ROOM
1. Call to order.
2. Approval of the minutes of October 3, 2016. 2 minutes
3. Report from the Faculty Officers. 5 minutes.
4. Question and answer for ASUA, GPSC and APAC reports. 5 minutes.
5. Report from the Provost. 5 minutes.
6. Report from the President. 10 minutes.
7. Question and answer for Chair, Provost and President. 15 minutes.
8. Action Item: Consent agenda: Executive Summary of the Bachelor of Arts Degree in World Literature - Undergraduate Council Chair, Dennis Ray. 10 minutes.
9. Action Item: Consent agenda: Master's and Ph.D Degrees in Persian and Iranian Studies - Co-Chair of the Graduate Council, James Field. 10 minutes.
10. Information Item: Faculty Governance and the College of Medicine Nontenure-eligible faculty funded by Banner Hospital - Dean, College of Medicine Tucson, Charles Cairns, and Senior Associate Dean, College of Medicine Tucson, Anne Wright. 10 minutes.
11. Open Session: Statements at the podium on any topic, limited to two minutes. Maximum number of speakers is four. No discussion is permitted, and no votes will be taken. 8 minutes or less.
12. Senate discussion: Opportunities for Faculty to Improve Student Persistence and Success - Vice President for Business Affairs and Human Resources, Allison Vaillancourt, Vice President for Enrollment Management, Kasey Urquidez, and Assistant Provost for Institutional Research, Angela Baldasare. 40 minutes.
13. Other business: 2 minutes.