THE UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA
FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
OLD MAIN SILVER AND SAGE ROOM
1. Call to order.
2. Action Item: New Academic Unit Implementation Request for a Department of Public and Applied Humanities in the College of Humanities with Executive Summary --College of Humanites Dean Alain-Philippe Durand and Associate Dean Kimberly Jones. 10 minutes.
3. Approval of the minutes of November 7, 2016. 2 minutes
4. Report from the Faculty Officers. 5 minutes.
6. Report from the Provost. 5 minutes.
7. Report from the President. 10 minutes.
8. Question and answer for Chair, Provost and President. 15 minutes.
9. Action Item: Consent agenda: Executive Summary of the Bachelor of Arts Degree in Arabic. Undergraduate Council Chair, Dennis Ray. 10 minutes.
10. Action Item: Non-Consent Agenda Item. Approval to amend the Academic Probation Policy with a statement on the Academic Recovery Program. Undergraduate Council Chair, Dennis Ray. 10 minutes.
11. Information Item: Discussion of Banner employees qualified as General Faculty - Vice Chair of the Faculty, Michael Brewer. 10 minutes.
12. Open Session: Statements at the podium on any topic, limited to two minutes. Maximum number of speakers is four. No discussion is permitted, and no votes will be taken. 8 minutes or less.
13. Discussion of Recommendations from the Diversity Task Force - Lynn Nadel. 20 minutes.
14. Senate discussion: The Honors College - Interim Dean of the Honors College, Elliott Cheu, and Provost Andrew Comrie. (Tentative) 15 minutes.
15. Other business: 2 minutes.