Arizona Faculties Council
The purpose of the Arizona Faculties Council (herein called AFC) is to act as a coordinating body for the faculty governments of the University of Arizona, Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University and their various campuses. Specifically, AFC, working with the respective faculty governments, will:
- Promote communication among the faculties of the three universities.
- Monitor issues of common concern to the faculties of the three universities on both a statewide and national level.
- Provide information and serve as liaison services to the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) and its staff.
- Coordinate services and/or activities that can be more efficiently maintained through a cooperative effort.
- Promote and improve the status of the faculties and universities with the ABOR, the citizens of the State of Arizona and its governmental bodies.
- Research issues of mutual educational concern for the faculties of the three universities.
- Perform such other functions as may be authorized by the AFC members.